Mentorship is a mutually fulfilling relationship for both youth and volunteer mentor. The vision of Impact is that all youth will leave state care with positive, permanent adult connections and options for a successful future.
Impact is designed to provide support and encouragement to youth ages 16-20 in substitute care through regular contact with a positive adult role model from the community. These adults listen to the concerns of the youth they are matched with, help them develop problem solving skills, and provide relevant information and advice; encourage self-advocacy and self-reliance at home, in school, in the workplace, and beyond.
- At least a yearlong commitment to youth mentee.
- 1 hour per week or 4 hours a month time commitment.
- Keep in touch with your mentee and grow your relationship! Depending on the activity you can meet in person or virtually, and you can always work with CFP if you need help coming up with ways to spend time together.
After inquiry is received, an employee will reach out to discuss application and next steps, including a background check.
Foster Care Mentors
Mentor a child or youth currently in foster care between the ages of 5-21. You will support a child in foster placement by encouraging talents, self-expression and opportunities for growth and day to day enjoyment.
Requirements: Must be at least 21 years of age, pass our national background check, have a clean driving record and proof of insurance.
- Submit your application online or in person
- A staff member will reach out to you
- Attend our interactive training
- You are matched with a youth
- You’re set!